I’m not super big on New Year’s resolutions, because I’m of the opinion that any time is a good time to make changes, but since we’re here, I thought I’d start with
a few ten resolutions I am planning for the new year.
In no particular order:
- Post more on Patreon. I’m writing a lot, but nobody else sees it, so I’m going to start remedying that.
- Write more for myself. That means if I want to write that Tabloidshipping fic, or that Jason/Cass twin story, I’m gonna do it, because it’s what I’m feeling. What I write is not beholden to others.
- Progress, not perfection. This is a big theme for this coming year. Getting things done, getting things forward, that’s my goal. It doesn’t need to be perfect to happen.
- Cleaning up my room. This is one I’ve been meaning to do for years, but if I just work on it a bit at a time, I know it’ll get done.
- Stop giving a fuck. I still worry about what people think of me, of hurting people I don’t care about, and that’s gonna be done. It may not happen right off, but that’s a big goal.
- Get my shit together. An overarching theme for the year, just trying to put myself into a schedule and place I want to be.
- Do me for me. Be more authentically me without stifling myself. That means being more queer, more masc, and more honest.
- Read what I own. I’m planning on cutting down the books I buy and check out from the library, because I’m into the thousands of book ownership and the vast majority are unread, so I need to get on that. I missed so many amazing books last year, and I want to get to those.
- Get out of debt. Making a budget and a set limit of what I can spend and where I can spend it, even if that means cutting back on some amazing boxes, well, so be it.
- Get my license. It’s been to long since I’ve been practicing and this has got to be the year I finally grid my lions and do it.
That’s the lot for me. I’m not focusing on my health so much this year, because this past year I got it mostly under control. Yes, I still have bad days both physically and mentally, but these goals are going to help with some of the worst mental health problems.
I’ll also be reviewing more of what I read this year, so wait to see that coming up.
Happy New Year, y’all. Let’s make this one the best we can.